Saturday, September 26, 2015

What's the Big Deal About 16 Months?



Nope.  I don't want to walk yet.


This little cutie pie is now 16 months old, which seems like a fairly random age to become fixated upon. 

She seems like she has has always been here.  I know her quirks.  I can anticipate her reactions.  I have been able to watch her grow, learn, struggle, change, and thrive.

Sixteen months is also the age Levi was when he came home.  He seemed so old when we met him because we had nothing more than a couple of very outdated pictures to last us from referral till travel.   The pictures showed a baby.  We adopted a toddler.  We never had the gradual sense of him leaving babyhood and entering into the young boy stage.

The sweet boy we are adopting from China (I can't publicly reveal many details yet until we are further along in the process) has just hit the milestone of 19 months old.  So while I watch Juliet grow, I know that our newest one is doing his own awesome, remarkable, amazing toddler tricks.  I just don't know who is there to cheer him on. 

We continue the adoption paperwork avalanche, but can only move along as quickly as everyone else processing the things we submit.   We anticipate a late Spring or early Summer adoption trip - which doesn't seem nearly soon enough.








1 comment:

Molly said...

She is getting so big! I can't wait to meet your newest addition - Spring/Summer can't come soon enough. :)