Friday, May 23, 2014

Our Sweet New Baby

Between lack of sleep, end-of-the-school-year craziness, trying to keep seven (Gasp!  That sounds like a lot!) kids alive, and C-section recovery, this post has been a long time coming.  Nine days.  Actually nine months and nine days to be technical.

But, here she is.  The newest member of our family:

Juliet Claire
Weight - 8 lbs. 1 oz.
Length - 21 inches

Don't you dare try to convince me her smiles are just gas. 



She is a very smiley girl who loves to be held.  All. The. Time.  Thus the sleep deprivation I mentioned earlier.

This delivery was another C-section - my fourth.  During the delivery, I heard the doctor's surprised voice announcing that she was breech.  That explains a lot of the discomfort during this pregnancy.  Connor was also breech, so in retrospect, I recognize what I was feeling.  Having a kid's head shoved in my ribcage for months does not make for a comfortable pregnancy.

Fortunately this time around, I actually got to see the birth.  Well, I got to see it after the fact at least.  I talked Ben into video taping the surgery.  He just peeked the camera over the sheet they hang up to separate the mom from a gaping view of her innards.  He was also able to take some still pictures from the surgery, too.

I am grateful I did not marry a squeamish man.  He did amazingly well.

The craziest picture he took was a picture of me with my smiling face on one side of the curtain and my innards displayed in my wide open abdomen on the other side.  Because some of my dear readers might not have as strong of a constitution as my husband, I will refrain from posting either the video or the graphic pictures.  But trust me, they are awesome.

I'm excited to share more stories of our newly expanded family.  But after I get a little more sleep.



4 comments:

just me said...

She is a real sweetheart--just like her mom!!

Leila said...

Congratulations! I was waiting for this announcement! She looks absolutely precious.

Libbe said...

Congratulations! She is adorable!!

Carrie H. said...

Welcome Juliet. What a lovely girl. Congratulations!

Carrie (Mom of Myla)