Monday, March 25, 2013

Finding My Happy Place

This afternoon was one of "those" parenting days.   Without incriminating too many people, lets just say that in the last hour or so I:

Scrubbed poop off bedroom walls
Took care of poopy bedding and stuffed animals
Mediated a disagreement where one child got punched in the stomach
Found out another ruined his shoes by not putting his boots on in the snow
Heard a running tattling commentary from a child who can't understand that just because something is true doesn't mean it can't still be a tattle
Grabbed our cat that had gotten outside
Stopped a child from climbing on our china cabinet
Still managed to make supper and wash dishes

On days like this, I need to find my "happy place".  Let me share my all time favorite movie scene.  It is impossible to not be in a better mood after watching it.  When everything seems to be going wrong, laughing like this is about the only cure. 

Thank you, Tom Hanks. 

From:  The Money Pit

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CJ9EDtZ2p8


 



No comments: