Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Goodbye Grandma

So much has happened since my last post; I hardly no where to begin.  I'll address some of the other things later, but the most important change is that my wonderful Grandma passed away. 

Of course I am sad that she is gone.  Saying good-bye (for now) is never easy.  But, this incredible woman had what we all want.  She lived a full life and finally went to be with Jesus at age 96.  She was married to a wonderful man and had children that loved her.  Many, many children.  Fourteen children.  Thank goodness she didn't think double-digit children were too many as my mom was number eleven.

I was fortunate enough to grow up in the same town that my grandma lived in.  I remember going to garage sales with her, my mom, and my aunts from my Barbie acquisition days.  She (bless her heart) actually wanted to go to my childhood band concerts.  Now anyone with a 5th grader who plays the clarinet knows that is a whole lot of love.  She kept special treats separate for us for Halloween and always acted surprised when we revealed our true identities.  She took care of me when I had the chicken pox and I felt very loved laying on her couch watching The Price is Right.

Honestly, I am so blessed to have had her for a grandma.  Those of you who knew her know exactly what I mean.  Those of you who hadn't been fortunate enough to had that privilege, let me tell you.  She was amazing.

Four generations together



Grandma with Veronica

Grandma with the four biggest kids.


1 comment:

Jodi said...

What wonderful memories, Kristin. Thanks for sharing. Love you!

Jodi K