Thursday, October 20, 2011

Miss Veronica Turns Two

Miss Veronica turned two!  I believe she even looks older now.

Since we had a big get-together for her baptism about a month ago, we had a fairly small birthday party for her this year.  We just had immediate family and grandparents over.  Both sets of grandparents were already planning on driving over (about 3 hours)  for Grandparent's Day at the oldest three kids school.


Of course, I made my sweet girl a fancy cake.  As my oldest daughter abhors anything remotely "girly" I haven't made a typically girl cake for many years.  This butterfly cake was fun to make, and since I didn't bother with fondant this time, it was really easy, too.  

Be warned, you may develop a cavity just from looking at the coating of candy on it.  Yes.  Those are jelly beans coating the top.  Yes, the licorice goes all the way around the sides. 







For the kids' supper meals for their birthday, I usually let them choose what they want, within reason.  I draw the line at all candy or junk food.  But, we have had some interesting choices like macaroni and cheese with blueberries on top, hot dogs and pickles, and Ramen noodles with a side of steak.

Since Veronica couldn't yet tell me what she wanted, I chose things I knew she liked.  We had chicken, sweet potatoes, biscuits, and her favorite - cooked spinach.  She had about 1 1/2 cups of cooked spinach.  I finally had to stop her because I knew what that next diaper was going to look like.




Happy Birthday to my Sweet Veronica!

3 comments:

Alyson and Ford said...

Wow, a spinach lover! So good! Happy Birthday!

Alyzabeth's Mommy

Football and Fried Rice said...

Happy Birthday to your spinach-eating baby! Who does that!?

I LOVE the butterfly cake - you did awesome!!

Sammons said...

Happy birthday Precious Girlie! So good to see her home and flourishing!! What a doll!
Mary