Monday, May 23, 2011

Lets get this started

After years of thinking about blogging, intending to blog, and imagining the mostest bestest blog ever, I had pretty much psyched myself out of blogging. That explains why this blog was created in 2008, but I had never actually posted before.

But I now realize that the need to bore my friends and family with the daily minutia of my life has overcome my sense of privacy and already full schedule, and I am officially launching this blog. Please maintain low expectations and I will do my best to meet them.

Just some background for those who have been encouraging this endeavor, but don't really know me (not that I am accusing anyone of stalker-like behavior)

Like the blog title says, I am trying to control the chaos of my life. Nearly a decade ago, I left my job in marketing to become an at-home mom with the birth of my daughter Bridget. Every two years, I grew another kid and my sons Riley, Connor and Sawyer soon followed. Now my children are age 9, 7, 5 and 3. They are generally the most wonderful children you will ever meet.

But, since our hearts had a lot of room and were just aching to love another child, we are in the midst of an adoption and are anxiously awaiting our travel to China to bring home Veronica, the next addition to our family. She's currently 19 months and we are anticipating traveling early July.

I'm married to the nicest person I have ever met. Ben changes the oil in the car, grills the best steak you'll ever eat and often volunteers to take over bath time. What more could a girl ask for?

But, my family is only part of the story. A big part, sure. But there's more to me than that.

I'm active in my church and children's schools. I love to travel, cook and will challenge anyone to Scrabble or Boggle. I'll choose reading over nearly every other activity. After years of giggling about those who scrapbook, I have somehow joined that horde. I am in slight fear of changing technology. I like the stiffness of towels when I hang them on the line. Cotton candy is my favorite food (and yes it is a "real" food). I love my parents and occasionally feel nostalgic for my hometown. I prefer shade over sun, vanilla over chocolate, and happy colors over anything the color of oatmeal.

We'll just have to see where this blog will take us.


4 comments:

Dawn S. said...

Welcome to Bloggyland, Kristin!

Jodi said...

Yes! I am going to stalk you! :>)
Jodi

MotherhoodMoment said...

I, too, love the stiffness of towels and clothes hung on the line. Too bad I can't get Nate to agree to this....

Patrick said...

What?! You mean you don't like anything that would match the color of what Connor would call "big spit"