Thursday, May 26, 2011

Graduation Day

Connor graduated from preschool today. He was given a certificate and a handshake and is now officially a kindergartner.

Some of parents, especially those whose youngest children graduated today cried. I admit, I haven't cried for any of the school milestones yet. I've always been very excited for the kids to take the next step. But, I have also had another child to follow. I'm not sure how it will feel to know it is "the last", the end of an era.

I've got a few friends (and even my buddy Oprah) going through some major changes in their lives. Some were planned, some were unexpected. I am impressed and amazed at the grace they are showing during these transitions.

Personally, I tend to fear change. At nearly every point in my life I think, "Life can't get any better than this. I don't want anything to change." But thank goodness it does. High school was pretty great and I didn't want to change. But then college was even better. Then marriage with no kids was even better than college. Now I'm in the at-home mom phase and truly can't imagine it getting better.

But I've been wrong before. And I think our upcoming change (adding sweet Veronica to the family) will make me question how I could have thought my life was complete before her.

1 comment:

Alcott1126 said...

It is wonderful to think your life can't get any better. That's contentment, my friend. God loves you extra just because you know how to appreciate what He gave you. :)